Welcome to the VDragonball - Awakening.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Many Quotes

Default Many Quotes

Every time the add on number goes up, it means I've added more quotes to this list. We are on Update: #3

"Absorb what is useful, Discard what is not, Add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee

"Face the facts of being what you are, for that is what changes what you are." - Soren Kierkegaard

"Empty your mind. Become formless and shapeless like water. When water is poured into a cup, it becomes the cup. When water is poured into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When water is poured into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now... Be water, my friend."
    - Bruce Lee

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering." - Bruce Lee

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." - Socrates

"Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind." - Bruce Lee

"A teacher is never a giver of truth - he is a guide, a pointer to the truth that each student must find for himself." - Bruce Lee

"The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique." - Walt Disney

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be." - William Shakespeare

"We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." - Ronald Reagan

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it." - Bruce Lee

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others." - Ayn Rand

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." - Benjamin Franklin

"Life isn’t about getting and having, it’s about giving and being." - Kevin Kruse

"The mind is everything. What you think you become." - Buddha

"Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is." - Vince Lombardi

"Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right." - Henry Ford

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." - Lao Tzu

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." - Confucius

"It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!”." - Audrey Hepburn

“It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” - E. E. Cummings

“The start is what stops most people.” - Don Shula

“When the world says, ‘Give up’, Hope whispers, ‘Try it one more time'." - Unknown

"You know what the true definition of hell is? It's when you die, you get to meet the person you could have been." - Frank Mir

"I only want to be known as the best ever. Is that too much to ask?" - BJ Penn

"I'm not the best. I just believe I can do things other people think are impossible." - Anderson Silva

"Anderson Silva — you absolutely suck!" - Chael Sonnen

"I'm very glad you won that fight Matt, but I'm not impressed by your performance" - Georges St-Pierre

"Don't be scared, homie." - Nick Diaz

"Le raison avant la passion - Reason over passion." - Pierre Elliott Trudeau

"One man who has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't." - George Bernard Shaw

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least." - Unknown

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon

"To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail." - Abraham Maslow

"Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers

"People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily." - Zig Ziglar

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." - Oscar Wilde

"I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back." - Richard Lewis

"I took a speed reading course and read ‘War and Peace’ in twenty minutes. It involves Russia." - Woody Allen

"Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it." - Cale Yarborough

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn’t." - Erica Jong

Update #3:

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And Today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present." - Babatunde Olatunji

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Lao Tzu

"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once." - Lillian Dickson

"He who seeks vengeance must dig two graves: one for his enemy and one for himself." - Chinese Proverb

"Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up." - Chinese Proverb

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas A. Edison

“A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” - David Brinkley

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

“Let him who would enjoy a good future waste none of his present.” - Roger Babson

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” - Mark Twain

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.” - Vince Lombardi

“I used to want the words ‘She tried’ on my tombstone. Now I want ‘She did it.’” - Katherine Dunham

“Really it comes down to your philosophy. Do you want to play it safe and be good or do you want to take a chance and be great?” - Jimmy J

“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” - J. K Rowling

“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” - Harriet Tubman

“The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” - Bruce Lee

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” - Ayn Rand

“If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents. Value what you know & start charging for it.” - Kim Garst

“If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.” - Dhirubhai Ambani

Feel free to add more. I will probably be adding more and more quotes to this list over time.
    Last edited by Brookswho; 07-08-2014 at 09:16 PM.

"Whatever happens, happens." ~Spike Spiegel

"But then I thought, what's in it for me, Bender?" ~Bender Bending Rodríguez

"I'm no wuss! I'm the hero around these parts!" ~Finn

"Is that what you think adventurers do? Die and make all your friends feel terrible 'cause they couldn't save you?!" ~Finn

Fry: So, there's an infinite number of parallel universes?
    Professor: No, just the two.
    Fry: Oh, well, I'm sure that's enough.

"What is this?! A center for ANTS?
    How can we teach children to read if they can't even fit inside the building? ~Derek Zoolander

Derek Zoolander: Why male models?
    J.P. Prewitt: Are you kidding? I just told you like a minute ago.

I have added quite a few more quotes to the list up there. (Update #2)

Oh nice.

You should post them as new threads so I don't forget to read them XD

Well, I'll be posting down here as a reply telling that I added more so that people won't forget or will know I added new ones.

XD but then I have to remember where you left off; maybe put a "Added" date or something :P

Update #3 is now on the list. I have added quite an amount to the list. And Brett, I put "Update #3" on the list to mark where it starts.