Welcome to the VDragonball - Awakening.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new expansion

Default new expansion

Dear players,

The new expansion is coming up soon (expected within a few weeks) the new expansion will have a lot of improvements.
    Quoted from K(arim): "some people will dislike it, most will love it".

Doesn't the new theme on the forum already gives you the chills?

Here is a list of things to be expected:

- Improved 3D
    - Reduced time for techs
    - Missions will be easier, battle arena will be stable.
    - Planets are reintroduced
    - Clan options, alliances are added and improved
    - NPC's will sell less items and you are forced to produce and sell for any
    price the demand requires.
    - Upgrading your mines, so more resource gathering.

In-game screenshots more will come :)

http://dborevelations.com/forums/ind...c=2123.new#new

If you have suggestions for the game you can post them in the suggestions thread.
    http://vdragonball.com/forum/showthr...ns-(Temporary)

All game data will be transferred over.

~Nae
    Last edited by Naesala; 05-08-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Wow, this sounds great. The only thing I would add to that list as I have detailed in the suggestions list, is better damage scaling within the combats. Either the techniques give more damage, the stats scale better, or the boost/mystical items/rare items/trading cards actually give the effect they state, or a combination of all three.

Because as it is right now the techniques don't give enough damage going into the higher levels 200+ versus the amount of health we gain to get to the level needed to learn the technique. Strangely I don't think it's about dropping the health gains, but the amount gained by the techniques scaling seems to drop significantly the higher you go. For example from Energy Dan to Galick Gun a difference of 100FLs (above FL 100) 27,000 is gained in damage. Which sounds like a lot, but you also go from about 470,000 health which is a close HP level to the amount of damage you should be doing with Energy Dan (anywhere from 400k - 550k damage) to a HP of close to 2 million @ FL 200 (give or take), while with Galick Gun (the FL 200 tech) you will only be doing roughly 630k (I'm estimating a max of around 1 million which would be significantly better, but you also have next to no stats beyond attack).

Up until this point when learning the new technique you would gain an advantage in fights and potentially be able to take them on relatively easy as long as you didn't level up too quickly, but beyond FL 100 and especially beyond FL 200 this doesn't seem to be the case. I guess it evens the playing field (if the damage scaling slows the higher you go)? But it also means higher FL players can't really do much in regards to combat, especially if the Mercs are still going to be in the game and not limited to Ki like the Battle Rage local warriors. The players will run out of Ki before the fight is even close to over.
    But as Naesala said, I'm excited!
    Last edited by Karim; 04-29-2014 at 10:23 AM.

Also I'm intrigued by the NPCs will sell less items? Meaning the Z-Shop will have a limited amount of items per day? Because that'll be insane and greatly increase the markets activity...
    It would also increase the amount of minerals being sold too (well in theory it would open up more mineral sales because, I'm assuming, NPCs would be buying the minerals too). Wow, I'm excited.

As in reply to the techniques: in the new system it will be % based - instead of base power and then increases marginally.
    The FL will act as a multiplier along with the technique level.
    For example (not final):

FL = fighting level
    TechLevel = technique level
    Base = Base power in percentages
    BasePlus = Base power gain per level

Currently:
    Technique: Katana Slice
    Raw power: 1500 damage (at level 50)
    BasePlus: 0.60% per level
    Max raw power at level 100: 1950

Expansion:
    Technique: Katana Slice
    Raw power: 2.5% damage (at level 50)
    BasePlus: 0.10% per level
    Max raw power at level 100: 12.50%

Items are being improved as well.
    reserved :-)

o.o

Omg I think I can wrap my head around the math! Thank you so much Karim!! I've just been working with some of the other players to essentially guess (hahaha).

I'm curious how Attack/Stamina stat comes into play on the damage though? I think the Raw Power % will work better than a flat damage...but I can't be 100% certain without seeing it in action, but it sounds really great!

And I dunno how much the items need to be "improved" per se, but I don't think they're providing the bonuses they list. So in that regard just need to be fixed up. Great work, thanks for all the (fish) effort (and "secret" Bay-Kon planet).

Just wanted to drop by and wish you the best of luck with the expansion. It's good to see the game being worked on again. Unfortunately I don't have the time to be an active part of it any more, but I'm sure you'll do fine without me.

P.s. In before reset debate :p
    Yours Sincerely
    Michael E
    Retired VDragonball Forum Manager

NO WAY! Time to climb the VD ranks again in the summer!

Looking forward to throwing down some cold hard cash with the updated 2D section, and can't even imagine what 3D has instore.

Oh my looks like its time to make a come back!

Check out these in game screenshots :) http://dborevelations.com/forums/ind...c=2123.new#new