Welcome to the VDragonball - Awakening.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Stock Market

Default Stock Market

Hello vD patrons,

Today, I would like to address the issue of the Trade Market, and namely the lack for productivity in the application. Seeing as several members are essentially hording dragon points for insane amounts of zeni with minimal to no avail, I feel that a basic stock market system can be implemented to keep the lifeblood of the Trade Market pumping.

The stock market system would consist of the trade market donors paying a small premium of the comodity that they wish to trade (zeni or dragon points, v token trades would consist of offerings of the latter), and after the trade is posted on the market, it has a 5-7 day shelf life before a penalty must be payed and a few points go off of the stock market grid. In contrast, if members make their trades in a more expedient fashion, they receive a slightly larger reward in the form of their successful trade, plus the (slightly inflated) initial deposit that they contributed prior to trading.

In the event of a full out stock market crash, an option (other than deeming the program a failure and removing it), would be to withhold all funds currently floating in the system until the market has recovered (possibly a 1-2 day waiting period).

I hope that this concept will ring valid for other members of the forums.

Thank you for reading,

Sincerely,

VegeTarble
    Last edited by VegeTarble; 08-10-2009 at 05:14 AM.

^Credit to Hejinn

was the sincerely at the bottom really necessary? we know who you are >.<

and besides that i dont know if i FULLY understand what your shooting for.

is it like, You deposit DP into the market, and the value of it goes up or down, depending on if the dp dosnt sell within 5 to 7 days, or if the trade is successful?

i really dont want to have to explain this too noobs on a daily basis this will confuse alot of players i dont even fully understand your goal with this

Well, the state of the market would depend on the two factors that you mentioned. The market will basicly be bumped up a point or two per trade completed, and brought down a point or two for each trade canceled/timed out.

If the trade is successful well within the 5-7 day time frame, the trader not only gets the initial deposit back, but a small reward in the form of the initial offering's commodity (5% of the initial deposit, be it zeni or dp)

That is basically what I'm shooting for, and yes, my formalities are quite necessary.

EDIT: @johny: This is simply a suggestion to help keep the trade market moving through the factor of risk, users will offer more practical trades if they are at a risk of loosing the currency.
    Last edited by VegeTarble; 08-10-2009 at 05:32 AM.

^Credit to Hejinn

so basically what your sayin is, that people should hold the risk of losing the DP they put in the trademarket so that people put in reasonable prices so that they will sell?

hmm i understand that u are trying to help solve the problems we all have with the trade market but i think a much simpler solution would be an auction house the player would put up the dp or tokens they wish too sell and set a base price and how long they want it to be for sale (ranging from 1 day to a week or so) and if it doesnt sell because its ridiculously priced etc. there could be a small fee to use the auction house or a penalty for it not selling and maybe u could set a buy now price so u dont always have to compete if u really need it at the moment